A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- Credit: Archant
A family-run hotel in Wisbech has gone up for sale for £1.9million.
Elme Hall Hotel, Elm High Road, was built to look like a Georgian mansion and, such was its success as a function and wedding venue, a galleried ballroom for 350 people was added.
It won TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2015 but in recent years was more popular for corporate business functions.
However, when Covid struck, it had to close temporarily. It is open for essential workers, however.
The hotel, owned by the Wood family, comes with a bar, restaurant, events room as well as staff and owner accommodation.
Agents Colliers International state: "The hotel is offered for sale due to retirement. Pre-Covid, the primary revenue streams included good levels of midweek corporate business complemented by occasional weekend leisure clientele. However, the hotel was not fully capitalising on the income potential of its events rooms. Looking ahead, there is significant scope to grow these particular elements of the business."
The hotel comes with two four poster bridal suites, a lounge for 120, an adjoining 'pink room' again for 120, a piano bar and outside a large paved terrace.
- 1 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 5 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 6 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 9 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 10 Family lose 'lifeline' van in fire
This newspaper asked the Wood family to comment.