EDP Tourism Awards: Winners revealed at ceremony celebrating the best in the business
- Credit: Archant
From restaurants to reserves, beaches to Broads and parks to pubs, they all had a place at our tourism awards.
Dozens gathered at the EDP Hoseasons Tourism Awards 2016 last night to hear the winners of our 11 categories - and a bonus outstanding contribution accolade.
Held at the Zest Rooms at Potters Resort, in Hopton, the black-tie event saw representatives from all corners of the tourism industry - which last year was worth more than £3bn - gather to celebrate the sector.
Bob Crawley, director of content at Archant, said: 'Every year The Eastern Daily Press Tourism Awards celebrate the very best in the business and give us the chance to heap praise on those who work tirelessly to promote such an important sector in the region.
'And last night was no different, with an excellent selection of finalists, some truly deserving winners and plenty of happy faces in the crowd.'
You may also want to watch:
Once the main awards - which the public voted on before a panel of judges picked a winner - came to a close, a 'major champion of the regional tourism sector' was announced as the winner of the Hoseasons Outstanding Contribution Award.
Joint winners Broads Tourism and Broads Authority have ramped up their work promoting the wetlands in recent months - and Broads Tourism has signed up dozens of new members since chairman Greg Munford took over in May.
- 1 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 2 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 5 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 9 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 10 Boss unhappy over fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
Speaking after the awards, Mr Munford said: ''Broads Tourism, with the Broads Authority, is absolutely delighted to have won the award.
'For a destination to win this category is a real testament to the joined up approach our members are taking in getting behind the Broads National Park brand.
'I hope this will encourage more businesses to join getting the message out there of what a magical place the Broads are.'
Meanwhile, Karen Longdin, head of IT development and architecture at Hoseasons, spoke about technology's role in tourism and the opportunities for business to capitalise on, before the host for the evening David Whiteley took to the stage.
Mr Crawley said: 'The success of tourism is key to the county on many fronts, including job creation, economic success, putting Norfolk on the international map and most importantly creating wonderful memories for thousands upon thousands of holidaymakers and day trippers.
'I'd like to thank everyone who attended last night's ceremony and wish our finalists and winners a very well earned congratulations.'
• Don't miss our eight-page supplement in Monday's paper with more pictures and coverage from the awards.
• Do you have a tourism story? Email email@example.com
The roll of honour
• Camplings Linen Customer Care Award – Nathan Barnett of Hunstanton SEA LIFE Sanctuary
• Kingsley Healthcare Golden Years Award – Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden
• Norfolk and Suffolk Tourist Attractions Best Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Award – Time and Tide Museum of Great Yarmouth Life
• Norfolk Country Cottages Best Self Catering Establishment Award – East View Farm Holiday Cottages, Plum Tree Cottage
• Norwich Print Solutions Best Independent Hotel Award – The Assembly House
• Norfolk and Suffolk Tourist Attractions Best Large Visitor Attraction of the Year Award – North Norfolk Railway
• Willerby Holiday Homes Holiday Park and Village of the Year Award – Searles Leisure Resort
• Dann's Norfolk Dairy Ice Cream Family Tourism Event of the Year Award – Old Buckenham Airshow
• Lloyds Bank Best Food and Drink Tourism Attraction Award – The White Horse at Brancaster
• Broads Tourism Broads National Park Tourism Business of the Year Award – Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden
• Dayvisits and Take One Media Best Marketing Award – The Maids Head Hotel
• Hoseasons Outstanding Contribution Award – Broads Authority and Broads Tourism