EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards offer a chance to reward farming excellence
- Credit: Angela Sharpe
With just two weeks to go before nominations close, the region's farming heroes have been urged to demonstrate their pride in their produce by putting themselves forward for the EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Award.
The awards scheme, run in association with East of England Co-op and part of Norfolk Food & Drink Ltd, will honour the county's finest food and drink businesses across the whole sector, including retailers, chefs, pubs, restaurants, manufacturers and education projects.
But farmers, growers and producers have been particularly encouraged to shout about their achievements in two of the 12 categories:
• Best Norfolk Producer – Sponsored by Anglia Farmers.
A new award for 2015, to recognise the people and businesses that grow, brew and make exceptional food and drink. Every Norfolk producer from farmer to brewer, chocolatier to butcher, is eligible to enter, whatever their size.
You may also want to watch:
• Field to Fork – Sponsored by Easton & Otley College.
Judges are looking for individuals or businesses with the ability and vision to produce and market quality food products in this region. These are growers and producers who are passionate about what they do and who have the talent and skill to grow, develop and market an outstanding and commercially-scalable food product. They also need to show environmental credentials and demonstrate contribution to the local community.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
The other categories are: Best Independent Food or Drink Retailer; The Children's Choice Award; Outstanding Front of House; Best Restaurant; Norfolk's Best Pub; Best School Food Project; Pride of Norfolk; Made in Norfolk Award; and Chef of the Year. In addition there will be a special category – to be chosen by the judges only – of Outstanding Achievement Award.
Readers can share their knowledge of businesses who are worthy of recognition this year, but self-nominations are equally welcome, giving companies the chance to ensure their staff's achievements during the last 12 months can be celebrated.
All you need to do to enter this year's EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards is to visit the website, www.norfolkfada.co.uk.
The deadline for entries is July 3. The finalists will be announced in the late summer and be invited to a gala awards ceremony at the Norfolk Showground arena on September 14, when this year's winners will be revealed.