EDP Business Awards: New category will recognise the most exceptional building projects
- Credit: Archant
Sponsored by Paul Robinson, this exciting new category recognises that our region has produced some exceptional projects and developments but sometimes with little celebration and recognition for their contribution to the area.
The award has been opened to all companies and organisations who have helped create new, redeveloped, or refurbished building or landscape projects which have made a significant contribution to the environment and contributed to the quality of life in our communities.
The project should involve positive contributions to the local area.
This could include having created a project which has made a significant contribution to the environment and ultimately to the bottom line.
It must also show that a building or project is not just about a structure itself but giving something to the present and future community in which it is situated.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Nicholas, Principal at the Paul Robinson Partnership, said: 'Key to delivering success will be a focus on the imaginative design qualities, while ensuring this is combined with practical and forward thinking ideas.
'Over the past few years the construction industry has been hit hard by the economic downturn so entrants to this category will have responded frequently to the changing market and kept up to date with changes in building legislation along the way to produce something which has most likely been scrutinized by the local community and relevant planning departments.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 8 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
Find out more about this category and all the categories in this year's business awards at the dedicated website – www.edpbusinessawards.co.uk. You can also get updates via our Twitter feed @EDPBusiness or follow #edpBiz Awards.