Eastern Daily Press appoints new business editor
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The Eastern Daily Press has appointed a new business editor.
Richard Porritt moves to the role after spending almost two years as the EDP's political editor.
Prior to joining the newspaper Richard spent a decade working on national newspapers including the Daily Mail and Evening Standard. He has also worked as a lobbyist and began his career as a reporter in his native Yorkshire.
Richard, who has lived in East Anglia since 2012, said: 'These are testing, uncertain times for business amid unprecedented political turmoil and seismic shifts in the way people want to spend their hard-earned cash. But there is also so much for our region to be excited and positive about – the new year will bring as many opportunities as challenges.
'The team and I are determined to build on our already excellent coverage and we have some very exciting initiatives planned for 2019.'
You may also want to watch:
Contact him at email@example.com
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 6 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 7 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 8 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods