From biscuits to burglar alarms: East of England Co-op launches new security arm
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Anglia Picture
The East of England Co-op has beefed up its security services to launch a new arm of the business.
Co-op Secure Response will offer services from CCTV to site guarding for businesses and local communities.
It evolved from the EDP/EADT Top100 firm's in-house security team, which was established in 2011 to protect its food, funeral, travel and events services.
Its expanded arsenal includes intruder and fire alarms and recovery services, as well as tailored technology for schools, churches, lone workers and rural teams.
The new service was launched at an event at the East of England Co-op's head office at Wherstead Park where businesses were able to visit its ARC monitoring centre, which receives feeds from 7,000 CCTV cameras.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Hammond, head of security at Co-op Secure Response, said: 'This is a really exciting time for us, as we have worked hard over the past seven years to ensure the services we offer are the very best for us and our clients' businesses.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant