Dunston Hall reaps rewards of £2m investment by owners QHotels
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower
A Norwich hotel is reaping the rewards of a multi-million pound cash injection with an upsurge in all its sectors.
Dunston Hall is seeing fast returns from an investment of over £2m by owners QHotels in 2016, with corporate and hotel bookings increasing along with wedding and membership enquiries.
More than half the investment went on upgrading the hotel's rooms, while £500,000 was spent on the resort's leisure club.
Other projects at the hotel off the A140 include improvements to its golf course and car park.
General manager Calum Colquhoun said: 'Since the new bedrooms were finished, we have been delighted with the upsurge in both corporate and leisure guests, who have noticed and commented on the upgrades to our resort.'
You may also want to watch:
The hotel sold its highest ever number of conference bedrooms in 2016, with corporate room nights increasing month on month.
Its recent wedding fayre saw 47 enquiries for 2018 bookings – which could lead to a record year for weddings – with two more fayres lined up this year.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea