Diss-based marketing firm ceases trading leading to more than 70 jobs
Diss Promotional Services, which has been based in the town for more than 35 years, has closed its doors as it said it was in a financially unsustainable position.
A statement from Diss Promotional Services, which was based at Owen Road, said: 'We are very sad to announce the closure of Diss Promotional Services Limited, a company which has been operating out of Diss in Norfolk, under a variety of names and owners, for over 35 years.
'A few difficult years in increasingly adverse trading conditions, followed by a major client loss in 2013, has resulted in a financially unsustainable position.
You may also want to watch:
'Our main priority has been our incredibly loyal staff, all of whom have performed extremely professionally right through to the point of closure to ensure that all clients' work has been completed.
'Bury St Edmunds Job Centre and other local authorities have provided us with outstanding support and, as a result, many of our staff have already found alternative employment and many others are enrolled on government retraining schemes to start next week.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
'We would like to thank our extremely loyal and long-serving team here in Diss as well as our clients, who have remained caring and supportive through these difficult times.'
South Norfolk Council has expressed its support to those who are affected by the closure of Diss Promotional Services.
John Fuller, council leader, said: 'We are concerned at the news of the job losses and have offered our support to help those affected.
'We can offer advice on finding a new job, housing concerns, re-training, starting a new business and what benefits can be claimed. We want residents to know that there is help available.'
'We are also working with Job Centre Plus to support employees immediately to offer advice, information and practical help.'
'As a special measure we are also providing a payment holiday on Council Tax to those affected until redundancy payments are made.
'I am confident that those affected by the redundancies will be able to secure other work locally.'
?If you have been affected by redundancy, South Norfolk Council can help with advice and support. Call 01508 533633 or visit www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/redundancy for more information.