Diss-based acquisitive veterinary group CVS highlights record revenues
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Ambitious veterinary practice firm CVS Group saw first-half revenues reach £100m for the first time thanks to scores of acquisitions.
The Diss-based firm, which runs vet practices, laboratories and pet crematoria, reported a 23pc growth in revenue for the six-month period ending December 31 2015, and like-for-like sales were up 3pc.
It followed a record number of acquisitions for the EDP Top100 firm, as it snapped up 42 surgeries and two crematoria, along with the Vetshare buying group and the VETisco instrumentation business - totalling £42.6m.
The group acquired eight additional practice surgeries after December 31.
Pre-tax profits were down 17.3pc to £4.3m for the same period.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Richard Connell said the UK veterinary sector would continue to provide opportunities for further acquisitions.'It is pleasing to note that, even following a period of exceptionally high activity, the group's pipeline of potential acquisitions remains strong,' he added.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 9 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case