TK Maxx closes all stores because of coronavirus
Every TK Maxx store across Norfolk and Waveney is to close amid the coronavirus outbreak.
The discount fashion retailer, which posted record full-year sales last month, has 672 stores across Europe.
In Norfolk it has two stores in Norwich, and others in King’s Lynn and Yarmouth. It also has a store in Lowestoft in Suffolk.
No click and collect will be available.
TK Maxx, owned by TJX Companies in the US, has already closed its stores in Germany, Poland, Austria and The Netherlands.
A brief statement appears on their websites, saying: “We’re sorry but currently all our stores are closed in the UK. We hope to reopen soon.”
The closure comes after other chains like Dr Martens and IKEA announced they were closing in the wake of coronavirus.
Other stores are expected to follow suit following the recent government advice.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
For more updates on coronavirus in Norfolk see the Facebook page here