Did you work here? Rackheath catering supplies firm Broadland Catering Equipment ceases to trade
- Credit: Archant
A Rackheath-based catering equipment supplier has closed, citing low margins and high labour costs.
Broadland Catering Equipment, based at Tilla Court, has announced it has ceased to trade after 40 years.
The firm, which had six staff when it closed on Monday, designed and installed catering kitchens for nursing homes, village halls hotels, school and hospitals as well as other clients.
Director Colin Chettleburgh said: 'It is with great sadness I must report that Broadland Catering Equipment Limited has had to cease trading.
'The last 15 months have been extremely challenging for us. Competition has driven margins down and labour costs have risen as a result of a buoyant London market and it's fair to say we've had more than our share of adversity during that period.'
He added continuing to trade would have been worse for creditors of the company and thanked suppliers, staff and customers for their support over the years.
Tony Harrison, of insolvency firm McTear Williams & Wood which is overseeing the administration, said: 'We have worked with Colin over the last few weeks to try to save the business either by a share sale or other means but this has not proved possible. 'There was no realistic prospect of a return to profit and if it had carried on trading it would only make the situation worse.'
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 4 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 5 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 6 Woman’s death prompts ‘significant dangers’ warning over A11 cycle races
- 7 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 8 Norfolk start-up taking on retail giant Amazon
- 9 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 10 Enjoy afternoon tea onboard a steam train in Norfolk this summer
A meeting of creditors has been called for January 6.
Did you work for Broadland Catering Equipment? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org