Did you work here? Rackheath catering supplies firm Broadland Catering Equipment ceases to trade
- Credit: Archant
A Rackheath-based catering equipment supplier has closed, citing low margins and high labour costs.
Broadland Catering Equipment, based at Tilla Court, has announced it has ceased to trade after 40 years.
The firm, which had six staff when it closed on Monday, designed and installed catering kitchens for nursing homes, village halls hotels, school and hospitals as well as other clients.
Director Colin Chettleburgh said: 'It is with great sadness I must report that Broadland Catering Equipment Limited has had to cease trading.
'The last 15 months have been extremely challenging for us. Competition has driven margins down and labour costs have risen as a result of a buoyant London market and it's fair to say we've had more than our share of adversity during that period.'
You may also want to watch:
He added continuing to trade would have been worse for creditors of the company and thanked suppliers, staff and customers for their support over the years.
Tony Harrison, of insolvency firm McTear Williams & Wood which is overseeing the administration, said: 'We have worked with Colin over the last few weeks to try to save the business either by a share sale or other means but this has not proved possible. 'There was no realistic prospect of a return to profit and if it had carried on trading it would only make the situation worse.'
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
A meeting of creditors has been called for January 6.
Did you work for Broadland Catering Equipment? Write to email@example.com