National flooring contractor opens first East Anglian base
- Credit: Designer Contracts
A major UK flooring contractor has made its first foray into East Anglia.
Designer Contracts, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, has chosen Norwich as the home for its first facility in the region.
The outlet on the Union Park Industrial Estate is one of three new openings by the company in 2018, along with new premises in Leeds and Ashford, Kent.
The openings, which bring Designer Contracts' total number of outlets to 15, are part of a five-year plan to double its workforce from 300 to 600 and increase annual turnover to £80m.
Peter Kelsey, managing director of Designer Contracts, said: 'I'm delighted that we now have an East Anglian-based outlet which we have opened to meet increased demand for our services in the region.
You may also want to watch:
'Strategically Norwich was a great choice for us, the location allowing us easier access to customers throughout the area and beyond.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault