Logistics firm Dap UK unveils new environmentally-friendly warehouse at Beacon Park
- Credit: Archant
Freight forwarding firm Dap UK has chosen Beacon Park as the site for its new state-of-the-art warehouse.
The new facility, which became operational this month, has been designed with environmental efficiency in mind and has solar power generation and charging points for electric vehicles.
As part of the changes, Dap UK has also replaced all its company cars with hybrid vehicles which can be charged on site, and uses only electric forklift trucks.
The warehouse in Gorleston, which is set to become an approved customs bonded facility within the next 12 months, has already led to the appointment of three new employees, taking the team to 12, with a further two expected in the coming months.
It is equipped to handle bulk storage and features narrow aisle racking systems which the company says will make for maximum operational efficiency.
You may also want to watch:
Dap UK works with organisations in a variety of fields, including shipping humanitarian aid relief and military freight around the world.
Clive Julian, chief executive and owner of Dap UK said: 'This new warehouse is part of our continued investment in the growth and development of our presence in the value-added logistics sector.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
'Part of the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Enterprise Zone, the Beacon Park location was the natural choice for us not only because of the park's commitment to innovation and environmental efficiency but also because of the opportunities for future expansion that the location offers, and its proximity to the A12 and A47.'
He added that the company hoped to provide more employment opportunities in the years ahead.
The Beacon Park location is well connected to the A12, A47 and A143 trunk roads and has in recent years attracted many firms connected to the region's offshore energy industry.