Logistics firm Dap UK unveils new environmentally-friendly warehouse at Beacon Park
- Credit: Archant
Freight forwarding firm Dap UK has chosen Beacon Park as the site for its new state-of-the-art warehouse.
The new facility, which became operational this month, has been designed with environmental efficiency in mind and has solar power generation and charging points for electric vehicles.
As part of the changes, Dap UK has also replaced all its company cars with hybrid vehicles which can be charged on site, and uses only electric forklift trucks.
The warehouse in Gorleston, which is set to become an approved customs bonded facility within the next 12 months, has already led to the appointment of three new employees, taking the team to 12, with a further two expected in the coming months.
It is equipped to handle bulk storage and features narrow aisle racking systems which the company says will make for maximum operational efficiency.
Dap UK works with organisations in a variety of fields, including shipping humanitarian aid relief and military freight around the world.
Clive Julian, chief executive and owner of Dap UK said: 'This new warehouse is part of our continued investment in the growth and development of our presence in the value-added logistics sector.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 5 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 8 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 9 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
- 10 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
'Part of the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Enterprise Zone, the Beacon Park location was the natural choice for us not only because of the park's commitment to innovation and environmental efficiency but also because of the opportunities for future expansion that the location offers, and its proximity to the A12 and A47.'
He added that the company hoped to provide more employment opportunities in the years ahead.
The Beacon Park location is well connected to the A12, A47 and A143 trunk roads and has in recent years attracted many firms connected to the region's offshore energy industry.