Horning Boat Show will mark special anniversary for Ludham pedal boat builder
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A pedal boat builder will be celebrating a special anniversary at an industry show next month.
The Horning Boat Show, taking place on Saturday, May 5, will showcase boating businesses from Norfolk and further afield and provide a family day out in the Broads.
For Dad's Boats, this year's show will mark 50 years since its founder David Williams sailed the two-seater pedal boat he had designed around the Isle of Wight.
In the summer of 1968, Mr Williams and friend Jeremy Buckland circumnavigated the island in a bid to prove the pedal boat could really go places.
Ludham-based Dad's Boats will be exhibiting its latest design of pedal boat at the Horning Boat Show as well as its ornamental wooden propellers.
You may also want to watch:
Director Stephen Pitkethly said: 'The Horning Boat Show is a chance for the entire Broads community to get together to see what's going on as well as hosting exhibitors from all over the UK.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 7 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 8 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 9 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day