Couple to sell £950,000 boutique hotel to move abroad
A couple are selling a plush hotel in north Norfolk with 13 bedrooms, many named after London theatres, to venture abroad.
Jan and Richard Edwards took on Burlington Berties, St Nicholas Close, Sheringham six years ago and also once ran another hotel, Hooray Henry's in Cromer Road, which they previously sold.
They say they are hoping to move to France or Spain and explore a business venture there after making Burlington Berties a success.
The Edwardian residence, a short walk to the beach, is run as a bed and breakfast with bedrooms named after London theatres.
They live on site too in a separate apartment which has its own sitting room and kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Edwards said: 'We've built up a successful business, I just want someone to take it on, it's a lovely lifestyle. You could also convert the property into a residential house perfect for multi-generational living.'
Burlington Berties is open and will remain so, honouring all bookings until it is sold.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
The house was built in 1905, believed to be for the son of a diamond magnate and was taken on by the Edwards' from the previous owner, who had also run it as a seaside holiday destination.
The hotel, for sale with Savills, has bedrooms including the 'Shaftesbury'; 'a romantic French inspired room with a hand carved kingsize bed, a sitting room with a large flat screen TV and en suite shower room.
The 'Aldephi' is a French styled room with a kingsize bed with an ornate mango wood headboard and the 'Palladium' is styled on a French nautical theme, a large spacious room with a leather Chesterfield sofa and large flat screen TV.
The rooms are over three floors totalling around 6,400 sqft of living space.
There's a dining room with an original parquet floor, a private sitting room with French doors out to a courtyard garden and a principal reception room with a fireplace and a large bay window. There are three kitchens, an art room, together with the three bedrooms and two bathrooms in the private living area.