Couple hope Wild Knight Vodka will capture region’s spirit of adventure
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Marrying the spirit of an Outer Mongolian wedding with East Anglian produce has led to the launch of a new artisan vodka from a Norfolk husband-and-wife team.
Matt and Steph Brown came up with the idea for Wild Knight vodka after Mr Brown was best man at his brother's wedding in the Asian country six years ago.
They are now looking for distributors for their small-batch 'sipping vodka', which is made with East Anglian barley and four-times-filtered water from the area's chalk aquifers.
Mr Brown said: 'Vodka plays a huge role in Mongolian social life and a traditional wedding day starts with the sharing of a bowl of vodka.
'Many bottles of Mongolian vodka were consumed during my stay, and this got me thinking about how Steph and I could produce a vodka in the UK.'
You may also want to watch:
Wild Knight is based at Beachamwell near Swaffham, and the couple are hoping to follow up their first batch of 120 bottles with a larger run of 700.
They have self-financed the business and will be selling the 70cl bottles directly from their website when it goes on sale next month.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
Do you have a business story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org