Victorian shop for rent as long-established hair salon relocates
- Credit: Roche
A period building in Norwich city centre is up for grabs as a long-running hair and beauty salon is moving elsewhere.
The Cottage Hair and Beauty salon, which has been based on the corner of Orford Street since it opened, is moving out.
As a result, Boston House is available to rent for £40,000 a year.
The building is believed to date to around 1856 and was once part of the centre of the Boston business empire. George Boston and Sons Ltd once owned three shops in the Orford Street area, a pawnbrokers, a pram shop and a clothing outlet, selling workwear.
Cottage Hair and Beauty salon owner Jemma Winzor-Saile said: "We are relocating, it's the building that is up for rent, not my business. We have found a new place in the city centre but are just finalising things."
You may also want to watch:
The Cottage Hair and Beauty Salon is currently closed because of Covid but has just launched a new online booking system as it plans to reopen from April 12 in accordance with government guidelines.
Agents Roche, renting the building, state: "The property is an attractive period building currently fitted out as a hair and beauty salon arranged over ground, basement and first floor levels in a prominent, sought-after retail location within Norwich's retail core."
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront