Is Cotsworld Outdoor the next high street shop to go?
- Credit: Supplied
It has been revealed that a 'significant number' of Cotswold Outdoor sites could be in the firing line for a round of store closures.
That could include a store in Norwich's city centre on Theatre Street, and in Ipswich's Tavern Street.
There is also a store in Bury St Edmunds.
AS Adventure, the holding company for the Cotswold Company as well as Snow + Rock, is reportedly close to appointing advisers to work on a shop closure programme.
Details of the plans are at an early stage, and no concrete decisions have yet been made about UK closures.
You may also want to watch:
The Cotswold Outdoor company are in competition with Mountain Warehouse, which this week reported blockbuster festive sales.
The company said that cooler weather had boosted sales – though whether this had the same impact for Cotsworld Outdoor sales has not been reported.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
Cotsworld Outdoor would be one in a string of high street closures, a reflection of the gloomy retail aspect Britain's businesses are currently facing.