Is Cotsworld Outdoor the next high street shop to go?
- Credit: Supplied
It has been revealed that a 'significant number' of Cotswold Outdoor sites could be in the firing line for a round of store closures.
That could include a store in Norwich's city centre on Theatre Street, and in Ipswich's Tavern Street.
There is also a store in Bury St Edmunds.
AS Adventure, the holding company for the Cotswold Company as well as Snow + Rock, is reportedly close to appointing advisers to work on a shop closure programme.
Details of the plans are at an early stage, and no concrete decisions have yet been made about UK closures.
You may also want to watch:
The Cotswold Outdoor company are in competition with Mountain Warehouse, which this week reported blockbuster festive sales.
The company said that cooler weather had boosted sales – though whether this had the same impact for Cotsworld Outdoor sales has not been reported.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Water outages hit homes across city
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 People released from car after crash closes road
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 9 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 10 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
Cotsworld Outdoor would be one in a string of high street closures, a reflection of the gloomy retail aspect Britain's businesses are currently facing.