Is Cotsworld Outdoor the next high street shop to go?
- Credit: Supplied
It has been revealed that a 'significant number' of Cotswold Outdoor sites could be in the firing line for a round of store closures.
That could include a store in Norwich's city centre on Theatre Street, and in Ipswich's Tavern Street.
There is also a store in Bury St Edmunds.
AS Adventure, the holding company for the Cotswold Company as well as Snow + Rock, is reportedly close to appointing advisers to work on a shop closure programme.
Details of the plans are at an early stage, and no concrete decisions have yet been made about UK closures.
The Cotswold Outdoor company are in competition with Mountain Warehouse, which this week reported blockbuster festive sales.
The company said that cooler weather had boosted sales – though whether this had the same impact for Cotsworld Outdoor sales has not been reported.
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 3 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Princess Anne receives warm welcome at Royal Norfolk Show
- 6 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 9 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 10 Traffic easing on first day of Royal Norfolk Show after earlier delays
Cotsworld Outdoor would be one in a string of high street closures, a reflection of the gloomy retail aspect Britain's businesses are currently facing.