Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- Credit: Roche
Coffee chain Costa is closing its London Street cafe in Norwich with the shop unit coming up for rent.
The cafe part of the building occupying the ground floor, is for rent for £4,583 a month - which equates to £55,000 a year.
The unit, in number 48, has a ground floor area of 1,646 sqft and is situated close to the Ivy restaurant and jewellers Winsor Bishop.
Roche chartered surveyors, handling the rental, said the unit was available by way of A new full repairing and insuring lease for a term to be agreed.
Adrian Fennell, a partner at Roche, said he believed Costa was 'relocating.'
Costa already has around 10 outlets in Norwich, including stand- alone cafes such as in Gentleman's Walk and concessions in other stores as well as at Norwich Airport.
This newspaper asked Costa Coffee for a comment.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 4 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 5 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'