Restaurant offers discount for toilet paper amid coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A restaurant near the Broads has rolled out an offer in exchange for toilet paper in a bid to ‘keep smiling’ in the face of coronavirus.
Diners at The Station Smokehouse near Hoveton and Wroxham station will receive 10pc off lunch and dinner if they bring in a toilet roll today (Thursday March, 19).
They are asked to present the toilet paper on arrival and in return will get the discount off the entire bill.
Tim Ridley, the 51-year-old owner, said: “It has just gone nuts. We were joking about the lack of toilet rolls in a restaurant and then the idea came when I was having a conversation with my parents.
“We’ve got seven left so we’re not desperate but we have been unable to get a delivery for the past five days. Once we get the toilet rolls we are going to take pictures of customers with them and then put them to good use.”
He added the restaurant will remain open until the government orders otherwise and has also started a delivery service.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 8 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 9 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 10 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears