Restaurant offers discount for toilet paper amid coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A restaurant near the Broads has rolled out an offer in exchange for toilet paper in a bid to ‘keep smiling’ in the face of coronavirus.
Diners at The Station Smokehouse near Hoveton and Wroxham station will receive 10pc off lunch and dinner if they bring in a toilet roll today (Thursday March, 19).
They are asked to present the toilet paper on arrival and in return will get the discount off the entire bill.
Tim Ridley, the 51-year-old owner, said: “It has just gone nuts. We were joking about the lack of toilet rolls in a restaurant and then the idea came when I was having a conversation with my parents.
“We’ve got seven left so we’re not desperate but we have been unable to get a delivery for the past five days. Once we get the toilet rolls we are going to take pictures of customers with them and then put them to good use.”
You may also want to watch:
He added the restaurant will remain open until the government orders otherwise and has also started a delivery service.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 7 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 8 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 9 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms