Restaurant offers discount for toilet paper amid coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A restaurant near the Broads has rolled out an offer in exchange for toilet paper in a bid to ‘keep smiling’ in the face of coronavirus.
Diners at The Station Smokehouse near Hoveton and Wroxham station will receive 10pc off lunch and dinner if they bring in a toilet roll today (Thursday March, 19).
They are asked to present the toilet paper on arrival and in return will get the discount off the entire bill.
Tim Ridley, the 51-year-old owner, said: “It has just gone nuts. We were joking about the lack of toilet rolls in a restaurant and then the idea came when I was having a conversation with my parents.
“We’ve got seven left so we’re not desperate but we have been unable to get a delivery for the past five days. Once we get the toilet rolls we are going to take pictures of customers with them and then put them to good use.”
You may also want to watch:
He added the restaurant will remain open until the government orders otherwise and has also started a delivery service.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures