Warning over cold callers with ‘ID’ selling household cleaning products across Norfolk
Trading standards officers have warned people to be on their guard after report of doorstep cold callers selling household cleaning products.
Reports have been received this month from across Norwich, Broadland and north Great Yarmouth, in areas including Sprowston, Thorpe St Andrew, Old Catton, Catton Grove, Thorpe End, South Walsham, Pilson Green, Hemsby, Ormesby, Martham and Scratby.
The cold callers carry large holdall type bags, and claim they have recently left prison or are working to get a reference.
In some cases, they are showing a laminated card or piece of paper as identification.
Trading standards advised people to never to deal with anyone who cold calls at their property offering to sell something.
You may also want to watch:
It is possible these sellers may continue to move to other locations in the Norfolk area.
Anyone sighting these sellers in Norfolk please contact us through our partners the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06 or to Norfolk Constabulary via 101.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
If you feel intimidated or sight these cold callers and are concerned for vulnerable neighbours call 999.