Opening date announced for new Starbucks drive-thru
- Credit: Archant
A date has been announced for the opening of the long-awaited Starbucks in Sprowston.
The coffee giant was given planning permission four years ago to build a new outlet on the former Royal Observer Corps HQ site in Chartwell Road.
It has announced it will be opening on Friday, September 11.
The site once housed a nuclear bunker, part of which was underground, dating from the Cold War.
The new Starbucks will open with a special event with a local artist Samuel Thomas who hopes to auction off a print for the store’s chosen charity, the Norfolk LGBT Project.
You may also want to watch:
This charity works in partnership with schools and offers emotional and mental support for those in the LGBT community.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 8 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital