Church hall takes over as Post Office closes temporarily
- Credit: Google Maps
A church hall and mobile unit are set to take over postal services in North Walsham after its Post Office closed until the end of the month.
The hall at St Nicholas Church will host a Post Office outreach service from Monday to Wednesday between 10am and 3pm, while a mobile Post Office van will also visit Vicarage Street car park on Fridays from 9am to 1pm.
The Post Office on New Road is closed until Friday, January 29 in order to allow refurbishment work to take place which will see it increase its retail offering.
Matt Hatfull, Post Office network provision lead, said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers during the work. The safety of our customers is of paramount, therefore, to allow for the building work to take place, it will be necessary for the service to close temporarily.”
The outreach service will be provided by Lisa Bonney from Sea Palling Post Office.
In October the office was franchised to NG North Walsham Ltd and Neal Gurney, who is already the Postmaster of several branches in Norfolk, is now in charge of the branch.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 6 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 7 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 8 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit