Norwich-based Cherry Lane acquires Worcester garden centre
- Credit: Supplied
A Norfolk garden centre chain has acquired its 12th premises.
Cherry Lane, part of the Norwich-based QD Group, took on David's Nurseries in Worcester at the start of the month and is already restocking the shelves with its signature ranges.
Alongside indoor and outdoor plants, it is introducing garden centre furniture, solar lighting and clothing lines as well as a wild bird care department to the store.
Boddington Koi Aquatic Centre continues to trade within the garden centre and the Olive Grove Cafe remains open as normal. Further work to develop the garden centre will be undertaken during the summer.
The garden centre, now known as David's Nurseries by Cherry Lane Garden Centres, has transferred all 15 staff who will remain in their existing roles.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Rubins, chief executive of QD Group, said it was a 'major purchase' for the company.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel