Cocktail bar in Norwich named ‘best in UK’
- Credit: submitted
A cocktail bar in Norwich’s Wensum Street has been named the best in the country because of its “new and interesting” drinks.
Chambers Cocktail Company beat to the top spot other bars in Liverpool and also London, including the one in famous restaurant Sketch.
Chambers, which took over the former Lawyer pub, in 2018, run by experienced bar owners Nick and Briony De’Ath and Matthew Saunders, was judged on its reviews on social media sites like TripAdvisor, Instgram and TikTok as well as how much it charges, on average, for a cocktail.
The report from retail firm Misguided, stated: “Chambers Cocktail Company is named the best cocktail bar in the UK.
“It provides a destination city bar in Norwich that will offer high quality, new and interesting cocktails all week through. Their drinks are produced with homemade ingredients, and the skill of their bartenders means that they can create innumerable bespoke options, offering a more personalised and ever-changing drinking experience.
You may also want to watch:
“Their five star TripAdvisor rating and the fact that the average price for a cocktail is only £8 makes them one of the top ones to venture to.
“We looked at each bar’s TripAdvisor review, capacity and average price of a cocktail to determine which cocktail bar offered the best experience as well as the best price.”
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
A spokesman from Chambers said: “We’re delighted to have been recognised by Misguided...especially considering the other incredible bars featured on their list. Norwich is a great place to drink with plenty of fantastic bars and pubs so it’s brilliant to be representing our city.”
It comes after Chambers last year was listed in the country’s top 40 cocktail bars on lifestyle blog Go Hen, which helps brides plan their hen parties.
Their cocktail menu includes drinks inspired by different countries in different continents, including a ‘Vienna’ with carrot cake vodka, white chocolate liqueur, cream and cinnamon and an ‘Arabica’ with spiced honey vodka, cold brew liqueur, salted honey syrup and an espresso.
Coming second was Liberte in Liverpool and in fourth place was Sketch in Mayfair, housed a in a former 18th century tea room which is an artist conceived gastro-brasserie with art on the walls.