Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Norfolk-based soil testing firm is set to create a further 45 jobs in the county.
Cawood, based in Swaffham, is growing its soil testing team to meet “unprecedented” customer demand.
The company is expanding its existing laboratory with technically advanced instrumentation, enhanced facilities and additional team members at all levels.
Its services help farmers and advisors benchmark soil health and tailor fertiliser requirements to optimise crop production.
Sean Stevenson, commercial director, said: “This extra capacity will allow us to meet our customers’ needs even more efficiently and effectively than before, as well as open up a large number of job opportunities in the local area as we recruit.”
The company also tests soils for carbon levels to help guide future farming activities.
Simon Parrington, chief executive officer, added: “Since its development a couple of years ago, Carbon Check has been key to helping farmers throughout the UK along the journey towards more sustainable farming practices.”
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 9 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
Cawood is hiring new laboratory colleagues for a variety of roles, from entry level to experienced analysts.