Can today’s businesses learn leadership lessons from Lord Nelson?
- Credit: PA
The leadership approach of Lord Nelson and what it can teach businesses today comes under the spotlight at an event in Norwich on Wednesday.
Businessman Nigel Cushion, chairman of nelsonspirit, a Norfolk-based enterprise inspired by the spirit of Horatio Nelson which supports, encourages and develops the leaders of today and the leaders of tomorrow is presenting the free talk at the Forum at 6pm.
He will explore Nelson's unique leadership approach and challenge business and community leaders to see what they can learn from it.
He said: 'After studying leadership, teaching leadership and trying to be a voluntary and business leader over 35 years, including reading hundreds of books on the subject – I was delighted to find that our local hero had a magical and powerful approach to the subject – and something he can teach leaders in the modern world.
'What can today's Norfolk leaders and young people learn from a great leader of the past? Why did his men follow him and love him so much? What was the magic he had? How can we inspire young people – Norfolk's leaders of tomorrow?
You may also want to watch:
'Much has been talked about Nelson's public, private and professional life but there has been not so much exploration of his special leadership approach.'
The talk part of a high profile summer exhibition about Nelson, which includes the launch of a free app called Discover Nelson's Norfolk.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
For more information about the talk, the exhibition and the app go to theforumnorwich.co.uk.