Can today’s businesses learn leadership lessons from Lord Nelson?
- Credit: PA
The leadership approach of Lord Nelson and what it can teach businesses today comes under the spotlight at an event in Norwich on Wednesday.
Businessman Nigel Cushion, chairman of nelsonspirit, a Norfolk-based enterprise inspired by the spirit of Horatio Nelson which supports, encourages and develops the leaders of today and the leaders of tomorrow is presenting the free talk at the Forum at 6pm.
He will explore Nelson's unique leadership approach and challenge business and community leaders to see what they can learn from it.
He said: 'After studying leadership, teaching leadership and trying to be a voluntary and business leader over 35 years, including reading hundreds of books on the subject – I was delighted to find that our local hero had a magical and powerful approach to the subject – and something he can teach leaders in the modern world.
'What can today's Norfolk leaders and young people learn from a great leader of the past? Why did his men follow him and love him so much? What was the magic he had? How can we inspire young people – Norfolk's leaders of tomorrow?
'Much has been talked about Nelson's public, private and professional life but there has been not so much exploration of his special leadership approach.'
The talk part of a high profile summer exhibition about Nelson, which includes the launch of a free app called Discover Nelson's Norfolk.
- 1 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 2 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 4 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 5 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 6 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 7 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 8 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 9 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 10 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
For more information about the talk, the exhibition and the app go to theforumnorwich.co.uk.