Buzzing trade as North Walsham mum opens new shop
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneurial mum has celebrated the official opening of her high street clothes shop - just months after starting her business from the family's play room.
Former teacher, Sarah Long, originally set up Queen Bee earlier this year, from her home in Mundesley Road, North Walsham.
The 38-year-old began the small operation with just two rails from which she traded garments to friends.
But the business swiftly outgrew the home she lives in with builder husband James and their three children – aged eight, six and four, with another due in January - resulting in the move to a prominent place on the market town's high street.
Mrs Long said: 'I have been so lucky to have been so well supported with this business and Queen Bee has become so much more than I ever dreamt it would. It's been nerve-wracking too.
You may also want to watch:
'I think with things like this it's something you just have to go for. If nothing else, I've been able to show my children that I can do this.
'I am trying to make the shop a really child-friendly place. And I also want to bring back a traditional, old-fashioned way of shopping by recreating the atmosphere I had in my home.'
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
The fashion advisor said she could not believe how the quickly the business had mushroomed.
'I am looking forward to helping people, guiding them through their outfits and giving them their confidence back,' she added.
For more information click here to Queen Bee's Facebook page.
Are you starting a new business? Email Donna-Louise Bishop or call 01263 513160.