Buzzing trade as North Walsham mum opens new shop
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneurial mum has celebrated the official opening of her high street clothes shop - just months after starting her business from the family's play room.
Former teacher, Sarah Long, originally set up Queen Bee earlier this year, from her home in Mundesley Road, North Walsham.
The 38-year-old began the small operation with just two rails from which she traded garments to friends.
But the business swiftly outgrew the home she lives in with builder husband James and their three children – aged eight, six and four, with another due in January - resulting in the move to a prominent place on the market town's high street.
Mrs Long said: 'I have been so lucky to have been so well supported with this business and Queen Bee has become so much more than I ever dreamt it would. It's been nerve-wracking too.
'I think with things like this it's something you just have to go for. If nothing else, I've been able to show my children that I can do this.
'I am trying to make the shop a really child-friendly place. And I also want to bring back a traditional, old-fashioned way of shopping by recreating the atmosphere I had in my home.'
- 1 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 2 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 3 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 6 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 7 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 8 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 9 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 10 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
The fashion advisor said she could not believe how the quickly the business had mushroomed.
'I am looking forward to helping people, guiding them through their outfits and giving them their confidence back,' she added.
For more information click here to Queen Bee's Facebook page.
Are you starting a new business? Email Donna-Louise Bishop or call 01263 513160.