Businesses urged to add a little friendly competition to Larking Gowen City of Norwich Half Marathon
Local companies are being encouraged to enter teams into the Business Challenge at this year's Larking Gowen City of Norwich Half Marathon.
The 2010 race saw Aviva take the trophy and also smash the previous record, held by Virgin Money, by 38 minutes. This year's Business Challenge is therefore ideal for those looking for a little friendly competition, and for those who are just looking to have fun!
Mark Curtis, from sponsors Larking Gowen, said the Business Challenge is ideal for those firms looking for a little friendly competition.
'The Business Challenge is a great way for employees to get together and raise money for charity,' he said. 'We hope as many businesses as possible will enter a team this year in order to help celebrate Macmillan's centenary year'.
Richard Polley, from race organisers City of Norwich Athletic Club, said: 'The Business Challenge adds another dimension to the race. In previous years we have seen some competition between local companies, which all adds to the excitement and atmosphere on the day.'
Helen Chapman, Macmillan's Area Fundraising Manager, added: 'All of us at Macmillan are very proud to have been chosen as the official charity once again. It's great to be part of an established event, especially as we celebrate the momentous occasion of our 100th anniversary.
'Money raised by individuals and Business Challenge teams will go to providing nurses and other specialist health and social care professionals; information services; financial help and advice; and treatment centres for people affected by cancer.'
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 3 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 4 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 5 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 6 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 7 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 8 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 9 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 10 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
The race takes place on November 27, starting and finishing at the Norfolk Showground. Full details on how to enter the Business Challenge can be found at www.cityofnorwichhalfmarathon.com