Burger chain Five Guys helps Norfolk youngsters find work through apprenticeships
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been helped by Five Guys to find jobs through a new skills and apprenticeship programme being run by the burger bar.
The fast food restaurant has teamed up with skills specialist Ingeus and its Orford Place outlet to be one of the first to allow new recruits to train for hospitality, business and senior management qualifications.
For 23-year-old April Witham from Long Stratton, who has dyslexia, the new job ends a two-year search.
'I found applying for jobs very difficult and felt totally unemployable,' she said.
'Thankfully Ingeus disagreed and Five Guys saw the passion I had to work. The training and store opening have been amazing and I'm so excited to be starting my apprenticeship.'
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Crawford, 19, struggled to find work after college and Five Guys will be her first job.
She hopes to move out of the YMCA after having secured her position.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
'As a young worker, being able to earn a proper wage while also developing my skills is a real bonus,' she said.
'It's been very busy since we opened but it's great fun and I intend to work hard and move up within Five Guys in the future.'
Ingeus will support the apprentices through their 12-month, Level 2 Hospitality Services qualification.
Faye Hance, head of people at Five Guys, said: 'Five Guys has received a really warm welcome in Norwich, people have been looking forward to the opening for months and we are delighted to be here.
'On the people side, we have been really impressed with the team in Norwich; they are engaging, hardworking and a great team.
'The support we have received from Igneus has been incredible, they have found some great apprentices to work with us and we are delighted with the plan to support our new crew members.'
Is your business giving young people a chance? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772426.