Bunzl profits rise to £155m as group continues expansion
- Credit: PA
Business supplies firm and outsourcer Bunzl has notched up a rise in profits for the first half of the year and announced a trio of acquisitions.
Pre-tax profits rose 6% to £155.6m in the period, driven by a strong performance in continental Europe. Revenues were up 10% to £3.4bn.
The group added that it has bagged two businesses in Canada - cleaning products firms Plus II Sanitation Supplies and Apex Sanitation Products, and Silwell Kft, a disposable food service company in Hungary.
Bunzl chief executive Frank van Zanten, who took up the role in April, said: 'Going forward, we will focus on further expansion of the group, continuing our investments in IT and digital projects and intensifying the sharing of best practice across our businesses globally.'
However, revenue and profits dipped in the UK and Ireland, with the firm flagging a 'weaker performance'.
You may also want to watch:
On Brexit, Bunzl said that while it is 'difficult to give a firm view as to the probable impact of the recent referendum result in the UK', it does not expect the impact on its business to be significant.
More than 85% of its business is based outside the UK.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
Bunzl hiked its interim dividend by 11% to 13p per share.