Building firm helps Freebridge restore Providence Street Centre in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Construction workers could find themselves with a game of five-a-side soccer on their hands after helping restore a sports hall.
Building firm Lovell has helped Freebridge Community Housing bring the hall at Providence Street Community Centre back to its former glory.
The Sports Hall, which can accommodate a range of activities from fitness classes, to five-a-side and badminton through to basketball, has had the floor fully restored, new markings laid out for a wide range of sports and bespoke football goals installed. The work took place after Lovell donated £800 to the project.
Michael Saunders, construction manager for Lovell, said: 'Working together with Freebridge to bring the Sports Hall at Providence Street back to its full potential was something that we were more than happy to do.
'The community centre is a real hub for the neighbourhood and it was great to help out with this project, which is an example of the wider benefits being created through the regeneration of Hillington Square and the surrounding area.'
You may also want to watch:
Robert Clarke, director of housing at Freebridge, said: 'It's fantastic that Lovell have been able to support the Sports Hall at Providence Street in this way, and help to update a brilliant venue in the heart of the community.
'We're looking forward to challenging Lovell to a game of five-a-side very soon.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault