Brunall boatbuilder in new partnership with narrow boat manufacturer
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A Norfolk boatbuilder is weathering the storm of rising production costs in the UK by joining forces with another firm.
Broom Boats in Brundall has announced a partnership with narrowboat builder Tyler Wilson, based in Sheffield.
The new company, Tyler Broom, represents a commitment by both businesses to keep their manufacturing operations in Britain while combating rising costs.
Matthew Harvey, managing director of Broom Boats, said: 'The Tyler Broom product range marks an exciting new venture for us. By utilising Tyler Wilson's expertise with the steel work, we can concentrate our core boatbuilding and engineering skills on building a fantastic boat.
'With interior layouts designed by us in-house, and materials hand-picked to create a high quality contemporary finish, we are confident we can bring a fresh approach to narrowboats.'
You may also want to watch:
The first Tyler Broom boat, a 58ft narrow beam boat, will be launched at the Crick Boat Show on May 26-29.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146