Broadband giants ranked among the worst providers for customer service
- Credit: PA
Some of the UK's biggest broadband providers have ranked the poorest for customer service failings such as poor speeds and connection dropouts.
TalkTalk scored the lowest across the industry for the fifth time running with a customer satisfaction score of 40% in the biannual Which? survey.
Sky's broadband service suffered the biggest drop in approval since the last survey in April, earning an overall customer score of 45%, while BT came third from the bottom on 46%.
Zen Internet took the top spot once again with a score of 85%, followed by Utility Warehouse (76%) and SSE (68%).
Which? managing director of home services Alex Neill said: 'Far too many people are still getting a poor deal from their broadband provider.
You may also want to watch:
'Big players need to improve their service across the board or expect their customers to take their business elsewhere.'
A TalkTalk spokeswoman said: 'Our extensive investment programme has already led to fewer faults and quicker repair times.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
'Whilst we're very pleased to see this paying off with rising customer satisfaction on TV bundles, we are disappointed by the survey results on broadband. We will continue investing to improve the service we deliver.'
:: The Which? broadband customer scores are:
Zen Internet 85%
Utility Warehouse 76%
John Lewis Broadband 66%
Virgin Media 54%
Post Office 47%
:: Which? surveyed 1,709 telecoms customers in June and July 2017.