Foodbank relocates after outreach centre closure
- Credit: Archant
A town's local foodbank will move to a temporary location following the closure of an outreach centre.
Following the announcement of Sharel@Step's closure in Beccles, the director of the outreach store has thanked the community for its continuous support.
Since then, it has been announced the foodbank in the town will be continued at the St. Johns Ambulance site on 42 Blyburgate in Beccles.
Theresa Cumbers, director, said: "We are truly thankful for answered Prayer and announce that foodbank in Beccles will be continued by Sharel@step, offering parcels and vouchers every Wednesday and Thursday as from November 6 until the December 18."
Mrs Cumbers said foodbank arrangements until Christmas have been made to complement the existing outlets and arrangements for 2020 are underway.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "We would like to thank all of our supporters and customers over the years."
The foodbank will be open on Wednesday 12pm to 3pm and Thursday 11pm to 2pm.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit