Beattie Passive set to expand as new retrofit system rolls out
- Credit: Archant
A green innovation company is looking to double its workforce as it rolls out a new product to regenerate existing housing.
The TCosy Retrofit System, pioneered by Beattie Passive, takes existing buildings and wraps around a highly insulated frame that can be built to any design, shape or size.
Building on the company's complete build system - which delivers new homes quickly and at a lower cost than traditional methods while offering huge energy and heat savings - TCosy works with existing houses to reduce energy requirements, create a healthier living environment and is delivered whilst residents remain in their home.
The Green 100 company - which celebrates the top 100 businesses leading the way in sustainable and environmental business across Norfolk and Suffolk - currently employs ten people and works with private homeowners and councils to install the system in properties across the country.
Isabel Beattie, from Beattie Passive, said: 'It is estimated that more than 20 million houses in the UK need retrofitting.
You may also want to watch:
'There is quite a lot of innovation involved in the TCosy system. Most importantly residents can remain in their house while the work takes place. We also fit a mechanical ventilation system in the outside frame.'
Beattie Passive, based at Hethel Engineering Centre, have delivered 150 new builds and retrofits to date and in September, the firm began retrofitting a block of six flats in Solihul as part of a test project looking at upscaling the system.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 4 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 5 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 6 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 9 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 10 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
The company's patented complete build system is the only one certified in the UK by the Passivhaus Institute in Germany - considered the gold standard for energy efficiency in a building.
Isabel Beattie said: 'We expect TCosy will be our biggest area of growth in the next six months to a year.
'Our plan is to at least double our team across the whole business by the end of 2016.'
Earlier this month the company scooped the award for Product Innovation of the Year for the TCosy system at the Buildings and Energy Efficiency Awards.
For more information visit www.beattiepassiveretrofit.com
Do you have a business story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org