See this war-time radar station for sale in 82 acres
A Second World War radar station and an air raid shelter are for sale in a beautiful common for £500,000.
Barrow Common, near Brancaster, is for sale and includes an old concrete radar station and air raid shelter.
But it’s the peace and quiet this property offers that makes it unique, say agents Brown & Co, who described it as a “special place”.
Situated on top of the hill overlooking Brancaster Staithe and less than a mile from the sea, in north Norfolk’s coastal area of outstanding natural beauty, Barrow Common has views across the staithe, Scolt Head and out to the Wash.
The common is a parcel divided only by a minor country road and comes with a rich diversity of flora and fauna. It has mainly grass, gorse and bracken along with areas of woodland.
You may also want to watch:
Due to its height above sea level and clear view out to sea, the Second World War radar station was positioned there and made from concrete with steel doors and wired glass windows with the nearby shelter having a steel barred door.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears