Balfour Beatty confirms consultation over closure of Norfolk offices
- Credit: Balfour Beatty
Construction group Balfour Beatty has announced it is consulting with staff over the closure of its office in Swaffham.
A Balfour Beatty spokesperson said: 'On December 5, we commenced formal consultation with employees based in our Swaffham office in Norfolk, regarding our proposal to close the office.
'This is due to a limited pipeline of opportunities in this area.
'As we are in a formal consultation process, it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.'
The company would not share how many employees might be affected by this news, or whether or not they would be offered jobs in other offices.
You may also want to watch:
The Swaffham office, which is located at Roman House in Turbine Way, operates as one of the company's UK Construction Service hub for the south of England.
The company's most recent high-profile contract in Norfolk was when it worked on the Norwich Northern Distributor Road, setting Norfolk County Council back £205m.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk