B&B category added to 2018 tourism awards
- Credit: Archant
With just a week left to enter the Norfolk and Suffolk Tourism Awards 2018, an exciting new category has been added aimed at owner run bed and breakfasts.
Organisers of the annual tourism awards said the category was added due to the popularity of bed and breakfasts in the region.
The Best Bed & Breakfast category is sponsored by Ryan's Insurance.
The company's marketing manager Tracy Healey said it
was an award open to owner
You may also want to watch:
run bed and breakfasts with
six rooms or less.
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 9 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
She said: 'Customer care should be at the forefront of the business with a commitment to excellence in all areas – from catering to accommodation.
'Judges will be looking for evidence of outstanding hospitality and the quality of breakfast on offer. The owners should live on site and the establishment must have the feel of a private home.'
The company said it had chosen to support the EADT & EDP Tourism Awards as the industry was thriving in Norfolk and Suffolk.
'The region has so much to offer visitors from great attractions to the best accommodation and we are
proud to be involved in rewarding businesses in this diverse yet exciting sector.'
When it comes to picking a winner for the category, Ryan's said it would be looking for entrants that could demonstrate their commitment to customer care and attention to detail but also offer that 'home from home' feel for their guests.
In a statement the company said: 'Ryan's are delighted to be sponsoring the Bed & Breakfast category in the EADT & EDP Norfolk and Suffolk Tourism Awards.
'Ryan's have been based in Suffolk for over 40 years and we have been providing specialist insurance cover for Bed & Breakfasts for almost 20 years. By sponsoring this award we hope it will show our commitment to our customers and to the industry.'
There are 11 categories in total that are open for public nomination or businesses to enter. The winners will be announced at a black tie event in February to be held at St Edmundsbury Cathedral in Bury St Edmunds.
For tickets, contact the events team on 01603 772371 or visit www.tourismawards.co.uk.
Enter or nominate your favourite tourism business online at