Archant and Alan Boswell Group to share Norwich’s Prospect House
- Credit: Archant
Two of Norfolk's biggest firms have come together to secure the future of landmark Norwich building Prospect House.
Alan Boswell Group has purchased the building in Rouen Road from media group Archant.
Archant, which publishes the Eastern Daily Press and the Norwich Evening News, will remain in the building leasing one floor.
Archant's executive chairman Simon Bax, said: "We have always said our intention was to remain in the city centre within the heart of our communities and close to the amenities and transport links many of our staff depend on. This view was overwhelmingly supported by staff."
When Archant announced it would be selling its offices in September 2017 plans were initially submitted to demolish the 1960s building and build flats and shops in its place.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Boswell Group - an insurance broker and financial planning firm - currently has a number of offices across Norwich, including its head office in Thorpe Road, as well as offices in Carrow Road and Prince of Wales Road.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'