Archant and Alan Boswell Group to share Norwich’s Prospect House
- Credit: Archant
Two of Norfolk's biggest firms have come together to secure the future of landmark Norwich building Prospect House.
Alan Boswell Group has purchased the building in Rouen Road from media group Archant.
Archant, which publishes the Eastern Daily Press and the Norwich Evening News, will remain in the building leasing one floor.
Archant's executive chairman Simon Bax, said: "We have always said our intention was to remain in the city centre within the heart of our communities and close to the amenities and transport links many of our staff depend on. This view was overwhelmingly supported by staff."
When Archant announced it would be selling its offices in September 2017 plans were initially submitted to demolish the 1960s building and build flats and shops in its place.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Boswell Group - an insurance broker and financial planning firm - currently has a number of offices across Norwich, including its head office in Thorpe Road, as well as offices in Carrow Road and Prince of Wales Road.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong