Luxury home for sale above one of last Jack Wills stores standing
- Credit: Bedfords
A glamorous three bedroom home is for sale for £825,000 in a Georgian building in Norfolk with one of the remaining Jack Wills shops still open.
The fashion retailer Jack Wills closed many of its stores across East Anglia - including Southwold, Aldeburgh and Ipswich in Suffolk. It recently announced it was also closing its main store in Norwich.
The Frasers Group - headed up by Sports Direct's Mike Ashley - closed down 31 Jack Wills stores nationwide last year. This followed the firm rescuing the British retailer from administration in 2019.
However, the Jack Wills store in Burnham Market's main Market Place - said to be one of the most profitable in the country - remains open.
Now an apartment is for sale above the shop with three bedrooms, a garden and parking.
You may also want to watch:
This is for sale leasehold and does not include the Jack Wills ground floor shop.
Inside the property for sale is a hall, a vaulted kitchen with hand-built units, a dining room, a sitting room with shuttered sash windows and two bathrooms with slipper baths. Outside is a roof terrace and a private garden.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
Ben Marchbank, a partner at Bedfords property agency in Burnham Market, selling the apartment, said: "Shops in Burnham have done better than many retailers because people can't go anywhere, and are on holiday here.
"People coming on holiday to Burnham Market go into Anna's women's clothing store for the wife, then cross over the road and go into Gun Hill for the husband and then they take the kids into Jack Wills.
"I've heard Jack Wills in Burnham Market is one of the most profitable stores in the country."
Jack Wills announced it was closing in Southwold in April after shutting Ipswich and Aldeburgh last year.
Last month Jack Wills announced a huge sale to close its Norwich store in London Street.