Administrators seek to sell assets of Norfolk-based business
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
The assets of a Stratton Strawless-based storage and haulage business whose owner was a member of the Bully Banks campaign are to be sold off after administrators were called in.
Administrators Matt Howard and David Merrygold, of PKF Accountants & business advisers PKF are continuing to trade part of The Delivery Specialists Ltd, which traded as Clarks Direct while seeking buyers for the company's assets after being called in on January 16, with unsecured creditors owed £170,000.
Mr Howard said: 'Rising operating costs have meant that haulage has been a tough sector to operate in for some time.
'The Delivery Specialists was unable to meet the terms of a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) it agreed with creditors in 2010 and lost the contract to be part of the Pall-Ex network at the beginning of the year.
'Having looked at various options, the directors had little choice but to take the painful decision of closing the company's haulage business and scaling back the storage operations.
'We will continue to provide storage services to the existing client base for as long as possible; customers are being advised of the situation.
'We plan to sell the company's assets in order to recoup as much as possible for creditors.
- 1 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 10 See inside 'characterful' townhouse with rural views on sale for £550k
'The trading premises will be placed on the market shortly, and we will also look to dispose of vehicles, plant and racking.'
The business is owned by Paul Clark who, as a member of the Bully Banks campaign had been battling a mis-selling claim against his bank, RBS.
However it is not clear to what extent the issue contributed to his company's collapse into administration.
Mr Clark made no comment when contacted by the EDP. Anyone interested in acquiring any of these assets should contact Stuart Morton of PKF on 01603 756922.'