Buses to replace train services in Norfolk this week
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Buses will replace train services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth / Lowestoft and between King's Lynn and Ely this week, Greater Anglia has announced.
The company said as a result of major bridge works and track maintenance, all lines will be closed between Ely and Kings Lynn from Monday to Friday.
'Ticket acceptance will be offered on GTR bus services (GTR rail replacement services) between Ely and Kings Lynn on all five days.'
The following services will be altered:
• 5.17am Kings Lynn to Liverpool Street will start from Ely at 05.50
You may also want to watch:
• 6.17am Kings Lynn to Liverpool Street will start from Ely at 06.50
• 5.07pm Liverpool Street to Kings Lynn will terminate at Ely.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
• 6.07pm Liverpool Street to Kings Lynn will terminate at Cambridge.
• 7.07 Liverpool Street to Kings Lynn will terminate at Cambridge North.
The 6.22pm Cambridge to Ely service will not run and has been cancelled.
Services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth / Lowestoft are also affected as a result of major signal remodelling.
'Lines will be closed between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and Norwich and Lowestoft for nine days from Saturday 10 to Sunday 18,' Greater Anglia announced.
Lines will also be closed between Beccles and Lowestoft on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 February.
Buses will replace trains for between Norwich and Great Yarmouth & Norwich and Lowestoft for the full nine days.
Services will return to normal running commencing from Monday February 19.
Please see the Greater Anglia timetables for more information.