Bus services axed in New Year revamp
STEVE DOWNES A number of subsidised Norfolk bus services will be withdrawn in the New Year as part of a package of changes.
A number of subsidised Norfolk bus services will be withdrawn in the new year as part of a package of changes.
Norfolk County Council has pulled the plug on some services because the fares taken do not cover the required 30pc of the subsidy that keeps them on the road.
The changes include:
Anglian 10B, Norwich-Mulbarton (Sundays) - evening journeys will be withdrawn due to low passenger use.
Anglian 54B, Wroxham-Salhouse-Norwich (Sundays) - an extra morning journey from Rackheath to Norwich, but the evening service finishes earlier, with the last bus from Norwich at 9.50pm
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
Anglian 58A, Norwich-Poringland (Sundays) - renumbered 587 and re-routed the same way in Poringland as the weekday 587 service. Evening service withdrawn due to low passenger numbers, but there will be later journeys on the Anglian 588.
Anglian 123, Thorpe End-City-N&N - now part-funded to provide journeys from Keswick Hall and parts of Cringleford.
First 58, Norwich-Poringland-Bungay (Sundays) - will be operated as Anglian 588. Timetable is similar, but will serve Broome and Brooke. Last journey in each direction will be withdrawn due to low use.
First X71, Norwich-Loddon-Beccles-Lowestoft (Sundays) - operated without funding as the X2 service and the evening journeys have been withdrawn due to low use.
Simonds 13, Brockdish-Harleston-The Pulhams-Norwich (Tuesday shopping service) - withdrawn. Partial replacement journeys are available on Anglian 003 or by connection at Harleston with Anglian 580.
For further details, contact Traveline on 0870 6082608 or visit www.travelineeast-anglia.co.uk