Bus operator First extends cheaper ticket promotion in Norfolk and Suffolk after ‘phenomenal’ demand
- Credit: Edward Starr Photographer
Bus operator First Eastern Counties is extending a concessionary fare promotion, giving discounted single fares for pass holders, until the end of this month.
Since the start of December, concessionary pass holders have been able to buy discounted single tickets for travel between 8.30am and 9.30am on weekdays.
That is over and above the free travel from 9.30am on weekdays and all day at weekends that pass holders enjoy as part of the national concessionary travel scheme.
First bosses said demand for the single tickets had 'phenomenal', so it had been decided to extend the promotion through to January 31.
David Jordan, marketing manager at First Eastern Counties, said: 'We introduced this offer after feedback from passengers and drivers alike, and the response has been phenomenal.
You may also want to watch:
'Therefore, it was clear that we should extend this offer into the New Year, and we are proud to do so. This will enable passengers to continue travelling at quieter times of the day, whilst also providing extra capacity on our network.'
Passengers wanting more information on the offer can visit the First Travel Centre at Castle Meadow in Norwich or
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns