Bus on fire in lay-by on A47 near Acle
- Credit: Archant
A bus is on fire in a lay-by on the A47 near Acle.
The our-hire bus, branded as Our Bus, caught fire just after 1.20pm this afternoon (September 1).
Three fire engines attended the scene, one from Acle, one from Great Yarmouth and one from Carrow, although the latter left the scene after six minutes.
Crews used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and then spent over an hour dampening down the blaze.
The lay by is about one mile from Acle on the Yarmouth-bound side of the carriageway.
The driver of the bus was the owner of the company Jerry Cushing who was unhurt in the fire.
Mr Cushing said he was driving the bus and noticed smoke coming from the engine at the back of the bus.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 4 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
He pulled into a lay-by near the slip road to Acle and then the bus caught fire.
Fortunately there were no passengers on board at the time.