Bus on fire in lay-by on A47 near Acle
- Credit: Archant
A bus is on fire in a lay-by on the A47 near Acle.
The our-hire bus, branded as Our Bus, caught fire just after 1.20pm this afternoon (September 1).
Three fire engines attended the scene, one from Acle, one from Great Yarmouth and one from Carrow, although the latter left the scene after six minutes.
Crews used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and then spent over an hour dampening down the blaze.
The lay by is about one mile from Acle on the Yarmouth-bound side of the carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the bus was the owner of the company Jerry Cushing who was unhurt in the fire.
Mr Cushing said he was driving the bus and noticed smoke coming from the engine at the back of the bus.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
He pulled into a lay-by near the slip road to Acle and then the bus caught fire.
Fortunately there were no passengers on board at the time.