Bus catches fire in Ellough
- Credit: Archant
A bus was engulfed in fire in Ellough, near Beccles, late this afternoon.
It is believed the Anglian Bus was on its way back to the depot when it caught fire on Benacre Road at around 4pm.
The driver was the only person on board the single-decker bus.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said that it was thought it might have been an electrical or engine problem with the diesel bus.
They added that significant damage had been done to it.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Lowestoft South and Beccles attended, while that Highways Agency had to be called to assess damage to the road.
Copland Road remained closed between the A146 junction and the Benacre Road junction at 5pm.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout