Bury St Edmunds: J D Wetherspoon FD Kirk Davis to succeed Matthew Fearn as Greene King CFO
- Credit: Archant
Pubs and brewing group Greene King today confirmed that chief financial officer Matthew Fearn, who has been absent from work since February with a long-term illness, will not be returning to the role.
And the Bury St Edmunds-based firm, a member of the EADT/EDP Top100 listing of the 100 biggest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk, has named Kirk Davis, currently finance director at pub chain J D Wetherspoon, as his successor.
Greene King said in a statement today: 'Matthew is still undergoing medical treatment and is regrettably not likely to be in a position to return to work for some time.
'Agreement has been reached with him that he should stand down as a director with immediate effect so that he and his family can focus on his health.'
And the company added: 'The board has appointed Kirk Davis as chief financial officer in his place and he is expected to join the company, and the board, in the New Year.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Davis has been finance director at J D Wetherspoon since March 2011, having joined the company three years earlier as deputy finance director.
He has extensive experience in the retail sector having also previously worked in senior finance roles at Tesco and Marks & Spencer.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 9 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 10 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
Rooney Anand, chief executive at Greene King, said: 'We are very sorry to see Matthew step down, particularly in these very sad circumstances.
'I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his huge contribution to Greene King over the past few years. The board, his colleagues and I wish him and his family the very best.
'At the same time, I am pleased to welcome Kirk to the company. He has extensive and relevant financial experience, both in consumer retail and more recently in the pub sector. The board and I want to welcome him to Greene King and look forward to working with him.'