Burst water main partially closes Dereham Road at Norwich for emergency repairs
Emergency repairs are underway at a burst water main on Dereham Road which is partially blocked in both directions.
The water main sprang the leak around 11.20pm last night, and the road was closed for several hours near the junction with Hellesdon Road while repairs were carried out.
Two fire appliances from Earlham and Carrow attended and assisted Anglian Water.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: 'We are really sorry to customers who may experience delays while travelling along Dereham Road. 'This is due to a burst main which has caused us to implement a partial lane and footpath closure, which will stay in place until the main is repaired.'
Engineers are on site and are expected to have the main repaired by 6pm. Water supply to customers nearby was interrupted during the night but has now been restored.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions are in place to bus routes. First Norwich services 23/23a/24/24a and Konect Bus service 53 are diverting via Ring Road, Bowthorpe Road and Larkman Lane then continuing to normal route.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting