Burst water main in Thetford leads to school closing
- Credit: James Daniel Reeves
A burst water main has been causing chaos in Thetford today.
The fault on the water main in the Croxton Road area has led to Thetford Academy sending pupils home as it closed due to the problem and the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service had been called in to help.
One appliance from Thetford Fire Station assisted the police with flooding on Fairfields.
Engineers from Anglian Water have closed off one lane of Old Croxton Road as they tackle the problem.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: 'We're working on a burst water main on Old Croxton Road, Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
'Anglian Water engineers have been on the scene since early this morning re-routing water around the network and using water tankers to top up the network and bring our customers back on water, although this might be at a lower pressure than normal.
'One lane is closed on Old Croxton Road, while we work to repair the leak, we are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
A statement on Thetford Academy's website said it was closed as the burst water main has affected its water supply.